Saturday, June 27, 2009
Reflection
This past week has been a bit of a whirlwind. I have had a lot of time to reflect on life and how important it is to live life to its fullest every single day because you never know when time is up. This past week one of the precious teenage girls from our youth group was in a car accident. She passed away on the scene. Yesterday morning tragedy hit again when our neighbors teenage daughter was taken from them in a tragic car accident. More than ever I am convinced that it is time to rev up our engines and share Jesus with our friends, our families, and our community. These precious people need to hear about the love that Jesus has for them. You never know when will be the last time you ever come in contact with them. My heart is heavy for the teenagers who are mourning the loss of their friends, and the precious parents who have had to say goodbye to their children for the last time, and the brothers who have lost their sisters. I have held my children closer this week and made the extra time to spend special moments with them. I am convinced more than ever of the importance of what Shelby and his youth leaders do with these teenagers. They pour their hearts into these teenagers and show them love even when they do not deserve it. I tell you I will be praying harder than ever for these children and teenagers to fall in love with Jesus because the time is short. Please keep our youth and the families and friends of these precious teens who lost their lives in your prayers. They are going to need us all during these difficult times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment