Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mini Family Vacation

This past weekend we packed up the kids and took a little vacation down south....not that far South....just to KY! Here we are getting ready to leave our driveway...the kids were so excited. I dressed them in their matching brother/sister shirts, which Logan was very upset about. How sad that he is getting older and totally wants to tell me what he wants to wear, rather than just putting on what I tell him to wear.For our first stop we went to the Louisville zoo, which was very awesome. The kids had a blast checking out all of the different animals. During our visit to this lovely zoo, actually at the first animal we stopped at, a Stork, which I will never forget, I dropped our camera into the water behind the fenced in area surrounding the stork. Sadness overwhelmed me. Well, all I can say is whoops!! Shelby just walked away for a minute...I knew he was mad, but I was happy he did not say anything to me. I had to go hike up a huge hill to find a zoo worker who then had to go find a claw device to fish it out. I knew the camera was never going to work again, but I hoped that the card would still be okay and that I could retrieve my pictures. The guy finally came back and fished out the camera...it is so not working. Sadness overcomes me and at this pinnacle point in my day I decide to take the higher road and not sulk and get upset like I wanted to, after all it was just a camera, a nice one, but something that could be replaced. Just for fun I took a picture to see if it would work
uh, no! Anyhow the day continues and we still had fun. We left the zoo and drove to Dale, IN to spend the night in a hotel before hitting Holiday World on Monday. I tried the camera again just to see if it was working. Yeah, still no camera working. So sad, I just kept wondering, how will I take pictures tomorrow, how will I find a wal-mart in the middle of this cornfield where we are staying, how could this happen to me? TO BE CONTINUED.....

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm filled with a deep, dark sadness and on the edge of my seat!

Emily said...

I can picture it all go down..Shelby-rightfully frustrated, Jen-marching up that hill searching the zoo to get some help, Logan-making some comments, "I bet we'll never see the camera again.", the girls- wanting to move along and see the rest of the animals. Jen saying, "Shelby...take the kids ahead and move on...I'll catch up to you and take care of this." I'm so proud of you for taking a mini vacation. How fun!