This is the real Kindergarten class

Roller Coaster Ride!
Face Painting...oh yeah baby, Logan is an honarary Ninja Turtle
Sweet Siblings
As many of you know Logan had a pirate birthday party. Well for some reason he asked me to make him a pirate ship cake, and I said that I would. I always buy a Costco cake, but for my precious 5 year old son, I wanted to make it the best cake ever. I practiced this dog gone cake 5 times before I got it right. I was frustrated and practically in tears. I called my friends for advice, a recipe, anything to help me out.
I called my dad who thought I was just crazy for ever trying. He told me I was not Ace of Cakes, and should stick to what I was good at. Sadness. Well, despite every ones doubts, I did make that cake. Sure it took me a couple of tries, okay, 5, but perseverance is a part of life. We must always look toward our goal and not stop running until we get there. I was super proud of how it turned out. When Logan saw it he was amazed and so thankful and proud of the cake. He ran upstairs and got me his pirate Mickey to put on the ship. Yes, no fears, I disinfected it first! Logan's face was priceless and it was totally worth it! And a picture of my sweetness Ry Ry...she was not old enough for VBS this year and was quite bummed...I promised her next year, hopefully she will have some rockin' teachers.
4 comments:
Great Cake!!!!!!!!
HP
Is there a "before" photo of the cake? Sounds like a ton of fun. Why don't you take next week off? I know I am. Pedicure anyone?
Hey where is the pic of the cake...you got every angle. It was a great party!
Heather, what were you doing checking blogs at 4:59 in the morning!!!!
Post a Comment