Saturday, June 21, 2008
Similarities
I took the kids to the park last night because it had been an oh, so long day. There are a couple of families at the park so Logan immediately finds some older boys to play with. They are there with their dad so Rylan, Madison and myself take ourselves over to the swings. I swing Rylan for about 20 minutes and then we move on to the carousel and the slides. After about 45 minutes the dad of the boys starts walking over to me. I was thinking uh oh, what did Logan do. He proceeds to ask me if I am married to Shelby Smith. I have no idea why he is asking, but of course I say yes. He says "I knew it". He tells me that he just had this feeling that this little boy reminded him of someone. He couldn't think of it and then apparently Logan said something and did something with his hands and it all came rushing to him at once. In what world does this happen? People knowing our children because they act like their father, when they do not even know the kid? Go small town America! I will admit that this was a wonderful reminder to me of the importance of being a good role model for my children. Good Times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad that you shared this story. What a great memory. Matt and I think that Logan is a mini-Shelby for sure...I guess others do as well.
Give all our Love,
The Ousdahls
HILARIOUS! He is SO Shelby!
Post a Comment