Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Block Party

This weekend our church had a block party. The goal was reaching out into the community and showering people with God's love and sharing the Christ with them. Well, Friday night the sirens started going off and the rain started to pour. Never fear, Hope Community Church does not cancel, they move it inside! It turned out wonderfully. There were bounce houses, wonderful food, all beef dogs may I add, and I think that all of our children have had enough popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones to last a lifetime! It was so much fun! It was wonderful to see how people all rallied together to make the best out of the move inside, and it was incredible how many people braved the weather to come.Bounce House Fun!
So, I am helping serve food in the kitchen and Paul Painter, Jakies dad, comes in and tell me something extremely interesting. My husband, has turned the flooded church yard into a water slide. Yes, definitely a youth at heart. He not only decided to take a ride down this hill, but he coaxed others to do it as well. As I am hearing this I am absolutely mortified. Of course, I try to remember it is Shelby and to just let him have some fun, right? Needless to say the younger children wanted to partake in the fun so I figured why not go for broke and let them. They had fun and they were super dirty, yuk!

It was a wonderful day and I am not gonna lie, I was beat afterwards. We came home and chilled out the rest of the day.

And for all who are concerned....I will never forget who Frank is and I am pretty sure he will never forget me!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha! I heard about Frank. When somebody tells you they're the president next time you'll believe it. :)

Sarah said...

Now that you have enlightened me to the "all beef" dogs I will never buy those "other" imitation dogs again!

Kim said...

I heard there was a blinding light outside of HCC. I just thought it was God wishing us well.