Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What A Weekend!

As I am sitting down to compose this entry there is massive yelling going on downstairs. Yes, my husband is watching a Cubbies game. I just heard a huge YES! so I am assuming they are doing well. Anyhow, this past week we had such a blast! Grandma and Pop Pop were in from Florida and it was non-stop excitement. It is such a blessing to have such wonderful parents who love my family, and of course me, just kidding, hahaha.... I was able to take some time to go out with some friends for some much needed girl time! It was fun to have "uplifting" conversation and just some straight up good laughs! While mom and dad were here Logan and Rylan enjoyed taking "Pop Pop and Grandma" to the zoo. It was a very special day because they let them ride the train, something Logan told mom and dad that "they never get to do". What kind of mom do they have anyway? Here they are on the long train ride around the plains.
And on our way out a quick pic at the desert
It was a fun day. Mom and dad stayed at the Hampton Inn, which might I add is super nice. I would stay there anytime! We had fun swimming and just hanging out and enjoying each other. Here are all of the "kids" chicken fighting.

And last but not least our sweet girl Madi, just chillin' like a villan. As her shirt says she is "sugar and spice and everything nice!"


It was sad to see mom and dad go, and it did make me wonder why we live so far apart from each other, but I know that it is all in God's hands and that He has us just where we belong!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I feel the same way when we visit Florida. I do not want to leave, but I know God has a plan. I just wish he would tell me what it is.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl! Just when I think I am satisfied where I am, we take a visit south and I KNOW that's where I belong. There's nothing like being home.

Becky said...

Shelby?...massive yelling?.....NO! Say it isn't so!

Sarah said...

It certainly was a very "uplifting" evening!